Surely you have been able to see many of the beaches of Miami on TV as they have appeared in a lot of movies and series. These beaches enjoy international fame, and when you discover them, you are always surprised.
In the summertime, the beaches are the perfect place to get out of the routine. In Miami, you can find both extremely touristy beaches, as well as others that are much quieter, idyllic and magical. One of the biggest attractions of Miami is its lively beaches. With privileged temperatures, many beaches are open and full of people throughout the year.
One of the main comments that are usually heard about Miami is that its beaches are not like those of the Caribbean. The truth is that this comment is true and, if you want to find paradisiacal beaches, Miami is the right place to have a good time.
1) Bill Baggs Park:
Bill Baggs Beach is located at the southern tip of Key Biscayne, and is where the famous Cape Florida Lighthouse is located. The park offers a fantastic place to practice swimming, sunbathing, strolling along the beach or surfing.
If you do not feel like practicing water activities, you will have the option of taking a guided tour of the Bill Baggs lighthouse or fishing on the breakwater. It is a beach where the traveler can bathe in its blue waters or as you walk and contemplate the beautiful views of the sea.
On the beaches of Key Biscayne, you will find a lot of services such as restaurants, bars, beach bars, sunbeds, showers … they are ideal for those travelers looking for quiet beaches in Miami.
2) South Beach: South Beach is, surely, the most famous beach in Miami Beach. It is the place where people will see (or show) sculptural bodies. In South Beach clothing is not optional, but topless is allowed. The beach of South Beach is the beach that we have all seen in the movies.
This beach is on Ocean Drive, across the street from the most famous clubs in Miami Beach. On the beach of South Beach, you will find a lot of services to spend the day there with family, friends or couple.
3) Virginia Key Beach: Virginia Key Beach is one of the most interesting beaches in South Florida. It is located outside the Rickenbacker Causeway, near the Miami Aquarium (Sea Aquarium). Its excellent location makes it one of the most frequented coastal areas by both tourists and the residents of Miami. However, this does not take away its particular charm.
Travelers who are looking for quieter beaches if they walk a little will find places to hide a bit from the crowds. Dogs (tied) are allowed in the southern area. In the northern area is a place where windsurfing is usually practiced. On this beach, you can also find any type of service.
4)Haulover Beach (Nudist beach in Miami): Haulover Beach, located in Miami Beach, between Sunny Isles Beach and Bal Harbor. This beach is known throughout the world as the only legal nudist beach in Miami (it should be noted that only the northern part of the beach is nudist).
Haulover Beach is a fantastic place to practice surfing and enjoys a host of activities available to tourists: tennis courts, areas where you can fly a kite, golf, among others.
5) Homestead Bayfront:
If you’re looking to escape the crowds of tourists who visit Miami’s beaches every day, Homestead Bayfront Park is a great option to go with the family. If you like fishing or sailing, in this beach much less touristy than the others, you can rent a canoe to navigate the Atlantic Ocean.
It is located in the southern part of Miami County just next to the Biscayne National Park. This park is famous for its coral reefs and with such a remarkable neighbor, Homestead Bayfront Park in Miami, it seems destined to offer some of the most rewarding aquatic experiences.
6) Siesta Beach: Surely one of the best beaches in Miami to go to contemplate the sunset is precisely Siesta Beach. This beach in Miami allows the traveler to see the sun fall right in the Gulf and this offers an unforgettable image of Miami. Besides, Siesta Beach is known for being the beach that has the softest sand of the entire coast, white quartz sand capable of making any visitor fall in love.
Siesta Beach is one of the best beaches in Miami to go with the couple and enjoy a romantic evening.
7) Crandon Park: This beach in Miami is one of the best to go with the whole family and enjoy with children one day at sea, it is a beach that is characterized by being quite flat, that is, one has to walk a lot to reach the deepest area.
Also, on the shores of the sea, the traveler can pose under the characteristic Miami palm trees, while relaxing quietly listening to the sea breeze. Crandon Park, although it is not a busy beach, has all kinds of services available, such as restaurants, bars, and showers … It is an ideal place to spend the day on the beaches of Miami.
8) Sanibel Island: The beautiful beach of Sanibel Island is the ideal place for those who enjoy a snail beach. It is full of very different varieties and with very striking colors, shapes and textures. Children and adults can spend hours gathering them along the shore.
The sand is soft, as well as a slight breeze that arrives to relieve the heat in the summer months. Besides, the island has very diverse wildlife of birds, turtles and even alligators that give a very appreciated natural environment.