Have you ever wondered the beautiful picturesque locations which you notice when you watch a movie and try to search that place to add it in your bucket list? And you wonder if these films were shot in an exotic location and they are outside your budget and that dream will be a dream for you. Even I felt the same when I watch some of the Tamil Movies which I see and wonder where the locations as the traveller in me awaken witnessing beautiful and picturesque locations.
Out of the many famous locations in and around the world, I have noticed that many of Kollywood (Tamil Movie Industry) movies where shot in regions in and around Chennai. However, I recently noticed in the Movie Kabali that they were shot in Chennai’s famous Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park.
One of my favourite hotel to stay in Chennai and I have been a part of this hotel for many campaigns, It was amazing to know that the places that I have walked in the hotel has been featured in many movies.
Hence, when searched I found this hotel has been a favourite among Kollywood Industry for over a decade+. Here are some of the movies which the hotel has been featured.
- Kabali: Starring superstar Rajinikanth & Radhika Apte and directed by PA Ranjith the movie was released in the year 2016 the movie became a superhit in every language it was dubbed, parts of the movie was shot at The Residency Restaurant.
- Thupparivaalan: The movie starred and produced by Vishal was released in the year 2017. Parts of this movie were shot in the lobby and presidential suite of Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park.
- 7aam Arivu: The blockbuster movie starring Surya and Shruthi Hassan was released in 2011. In the movie, the villain checks into the Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park and the shot features the entry and lobby of the hotel.
- Singaravelan: Starring Kamala Hassan and Khushboo in the lead roles the movie was released in the year 1992, it follows Kamala Hassan on his journey to reunite his lost family. Parts of the movie were shot at the famous Dakshin Restaurant.
- Mounam Pesiyadhe: the blockbuster movie starred Surya and Trisha released in 2002 has one of the most noteworthy scene that has been shot at the iconic Cappuccino restaurant.
- Annamalai: The iconic movie starring Rajinikanth and Khushboo in lead roles was released in the year 1992. Parts of the song which rose the rise of Rajinikanth from poor to multi-millionaire was shot in the lobby of Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park.
- Kannum Kannum Kollaiyadithaal: the 2020 movie starring Dulquer Salmaan has shot at the Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park where the title track has been shot at Gatsby 2000.
- Kavan: Vijay sethupathi, T.R Rajendran and Madonna Sebastian starring 2017 political crime drama movie has also been shot at Gatsby 2000
- Soorarai Pottru: The highly anticipated movie starring Suriya and Aparna Balamurali has been shot at the walkaway of the famous Dakshin Restaurant.
Apart from being featured in many movies, some of the actors who have stayed here have praised their stay at Crowne Plaza. One of the most respected actors in the movie industry, Kamal Hassan has said in a public interview that he likes to stay at Crowne Plaza as he stayed here for months when his house was being renovated.
Being a huge Kollywood movies fan, I was not aware of the fact that most of these movies were shot at the Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park. Hence, it is time for me to revisit and watch these movies where I can notice the places which I have visited, stayed and dined are some of the places that are featured in the movies acted by superstars.