The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is one of the newest theme attraction areas in Universal Studios Japan. It was opened on 15th June 2014 and quickly rose to be one of the main theme attraction areas here. The theme area is based on the blockbuster Harry Potter film series. It’s a very popular ride, The Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is said to have revamped into a 3D ride within 10 months of its opening. The theme area is said to have the feel of the film where every detail are designed like in the sets of Harry Potter movies.
You would notice the Hogwarts Castle where you can explore classrooms, corridors of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You can even visit Dumbledore’s office, classrooms etc. Visit Hogsmeade which is where wizards reside, there are many shops in the lanes where you would notice many students of Hogwarts visit.
We discuss here the rides and attractions which you can experience when you enter The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme area.
- Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey: A famous attraction area in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey is one of the world’s number one ride and has been awarded from past 5 years in a row. This ride is Ultra-realistic 3D and it does not use any 3D glasses. With effects, you get to experience the heat of dragon flames, dementor’s chill where you get to experience on your visit. Explore the place with Harry and his friends where you get 360-degree experience and the ride is of 5 minutes.
People who are afraid of dark, cannot sit stable, have a heart condition, High BP, Guests who are prone to motion sickness, afraid of heights, back neck spinal problems etc are advised not take undertake the ride. Also, guests who are below 122cm in height are not allowed to the ride. This is an express ride hence guests who hold express card can visit this ride without any wait at the queue.
Flight of the Hippogriff: Enjoy the roller coaster ride with Hippogriff. The Hippogriff is an animal with the head of eagle and body of a horse, enjoy a quick roller coaster ride sitting on hippogriff where it takes you to a pumpkin patch, hagrid’s hut. The ride is around 2 minutes and people with motion sickness, expected mothers are advised not to take part in this ride. The capacity of Hippogriff is 16 people per ride.
- Wand Magic: Cast your magic spell at Hogsmeade, this place is where you can cast your spell using a wand that is provided and cast spell on walls, windows and alleys. Just speak the spell slowly and wave the wand and you would notice changes in the place where you have cast your spell. Purchase a magic wand at Ollivanders and explore Hogsmeade casting spells and enjoy the place where you explore Hogsmeade.
- Wand Studies: Notice the students of Hogwarts practising their studies at Hogwarts to learn how to cast a spell right before your eyes. The students from 4 houses of Hogwarts School of Wizardry are practising their spells trying to hone their skills to become best of the wizards here. Watch their skills and get delighted with the wonderful magic being created by them.
- Frog Choir: Enjoy the choir sung by Hogwarts students which are accompanied by the croaking of frogs.
- Triwizard Spirit Rally: The rally is to commemorate Harry Potter’s 5th-anniversary celebration. Enjoy ribbon dance, dynamic acrobatics and many more festive celebration and performances which are executed by artists and you would enjoy every minute of their performances.
- Hogwarts Express Photo: The Hogwarts Express which carries students to the school is placed here. However this is a replica stationed here, you can take a photo and also purchase a replica of the train carriage.