The most revered Puri Jagannath Yatra has been finalized by Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) and will be held on July 12. This year, the yatra will be held on July 12 in the town of Puri, Orissa and this will be held with Covid-19 protocol in place. On Sunday, the administration finalized the schedule of the Yatra.
In the meeting, it was discussed that everyone who is part of the Yatra must compulsorily undergo an RT-PCR test or should have taken 2 doses of vaccine. Due to the pandemic, devotees would not be allowed to enter the temple premises, and only servitors and temple officials will be a part of the holy rituals.
On the auspicious day of Snan Yatra, prohibitory orders of section 144 will be placed around the temple premises. On this auspicious day, Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Devi Subhadra will involve in the bathing and this will be attended by many devotees.
As per the authorities, the famous Jagannath temple would be open to the public from July 25 onwards.
Here is the schedule of Puri Temple starting Snan Yatra
- On June 24: Snan Purnima where the deities will begin walking procession starting 1 AM to 4 AM.
- Sweeping of the bathing place will be done by Dibyasingh Deb, a titular king of Puri starting 10:30am.
- After this, deities will be decorated with elephant attire starting 11 AM to 12 PM.
- The lords will be taken to a sick room as it is believed that the lords will fall sick after taking bath.
- This ritual continues for the next 15 days.
- July 12: Rath yatra procession begins and the chariot pulling is scheduled at 4PM
- The Golden Attire ritual will be held between 4Pm to 11PM on July 21.
- On July 23, the return of deities to the temple procession will be held and this is scheduled to begin at 4Pm and end around 10 PM.
- July 24: The temple is open to the general public.