One of the popular locations for nature lovers in the state of Karnataka is Kabini backwaters. Located near Nagarhole national park, Kabini is an abode of black panthers, elephants, and many species of animals that have marked their territory here.
I had an opportunity to visit the beautiful, picturesque, and green location in Karnataka and during my stay here I stayed at KAAV Safari Lodge.
Set amidst the green environment of Nagarhole Wildlife Sanctuary, KAAV Safari Lodge is a boutique property that is covered with a wilderness of the sanctuary. Located near the edge of the forest, one can experience the exotic wildlife of the national park here.
Basic yet with intricate designs of the property, Kaav is just a two-story structure that is raised on slits. With conscious was taken so that the property is not any harm to the environment and hence this property is nature friendly yet in a luxurious way.
The tone of the safari lodge is subtle and has a spatial experience. From the entry to the location, you would notice how luxurious it is. Once you enter the gates, you would find a path that leads to a semi-covered passage at a pool that has a huge banyan tree. The banyan tree has spread vast and its hanging roots provide a unique ambiance. The pool is amazing where it is neatly maintained and reflects the clear blue skies. The presence of the pool, banyan tree, and a soothing ambiance is what everyone wants and the lodge provides the same.
The accommodation that KAAV Safari Lodge boasts is just minimal yet with intrinsic designs. There are superior rooms and luxury tents. Superior rooms are luxurious rooms with private balconies. In this, you get up to the views of the picturesque horizon and have been thoughtfully designed to ensure safety and comfort however, it has been constructed without any harm to nature and the environment.
The luxury tents of this pristine location are one of their kind in the Kabini backwaters. They have designed keeping nature in mind, it has one of the best views of nature and has serene views of nature as soon as you visit the front porch.
Simple design yet eye-catching, Kaav safari lodge has dimensions and lighting of all highlights, shadows, and mid-tone. There is a dining area, open kitchen, and huge communal areas for interaction with other guests.
The rooms have an earthy elegance, the large living space with a balcony provides panoramic views and the accommodation are done minimistically to avoid cramped space looks. The rooms are designed with the use of materials such as Saw-cut timber, polished cement flooring, wired glass doors, and carefully designed minimalistic interiors to provide a luxurious ambiance.During your stay here, you can get to experience.
- A coracle boat ride: One can ride a coracle boat for 20 minutes which is traditionally used by villagers to catch fish.
- Nature walk: KAAV’s in-house naturalist will guide you across the villages for a quick walk-through where you can explore the thick flora and fauna.
- Kaav’s tiny safari: Tiny safari from Kaav concentrates on insects, spiders, frogs, and lizards, etc. This can be done at any time of the day but recommended during the nighttime as the bioluminescence animals will be amazing to look at.
- Wildlife Safari: Safari is organized in and around Kabini is conducted twice a day and this is done on land The land seater is organized on an 18-seater canter and the river is done on a 20-seater boat.
5. River Safari: One of its kind Safari experience is River safari in the river twice a day and this is done on river.You can witness the flora and fauna and animals in the wilderness.
Apart from this Cycling, Sky gazing, BBQ, River side dining and many others can be experienced and it is one of its kind experience of stay here.