Goa was one of the first places in India that had announced that it was open to tourists when coronavirus cases were cured, however, the decision was to take back when some of the tourists who visited the beach paradise place and thus again started increasing the cases and the state went again into lockdown. However, as Unlock stage has already begun in India, Goa is again set to welcome tourists but it comes with quarantine rules and regulations laid down by the government.
The state government along with Airport Authority of India (AAI) recently announced that until the test result for symptomatic patients arrive, everyone must compulsorily go under institutional quarantine. According to the new directives, all passengers landing to Goa should go for 14 day home quarantine or 14 days of paid institutional quarantine.
However, passengers can skip home quarantine if
- The passenger furnishes Covid-19 negative certificate from any of the ICMR-recognised lab and the test should not be older than 48 hours before the entry to the state.
- If the passenger agrees to take RT-PCR test which costs INR 2000, upon arrival and he goes to paid institutional/home quarantine until the results are out.
Along with new rules for passengers arriving in the state, the government announced specific guidelines for home quarantine which includes:
- Booking accommodation in registered hotels is compulsory, these hotels are government certified and the hotel booked will be verified at the port of entry.
- If the passenger shows symptoms of Covid-19 then the passenger should get the test for Covid-19 under his/her own expense.
- The authorities will verifya) If the tourist has booked the registered hotel which is affiliated to the Department of Tourism and it has a licence to operate.
b) The validity of the stay should be on or more than 14 days from the date of arrival.
Before entering, the tourist also should follow some safety protocols such as
- If the passenger possesses Covid-19 negative certificate then he/she can directly visit the place of stay, if not they need to undergo covid-19 at authorised testing centers.
- After the test is provided, he/she should compulsorily undergo self-isolation until the test results arrive. The isolation facility will be provided by the hotel/accommodation.
- If the results come negative then the tourist can roam around the place leaving isolation facility, and if found positive then the hotels need to act as per the rules issued by the state health department. All bills related to the quarantine, tests etc. shall be paid by the tourists.
- If tourists need to move from one hotel to another then it needs to get sanctioned from the government and the tourist has to present re-booking but the hotel should be approved by the government. In such cases, the tourists need to fill self-declaration form which would help in contact tracing.
- All passengers need to install Aarogya Setu application and need to update their health status regularly.