Amid the rise of the omicron variant, many countries are putting restrictions on travel again. However, Fiji has now opened its borders to fully vaccinated foreign travelers.
Fiji was closed for foreign tourists with famous beaches that attract tourists worldwide after Covid-19 was declared a pandemic. But on Wednesday, this country welcomed tourists vaccinated against it and is part of ‘Travel Partner Countries’, allowing tourists for a quarantine-free holiday experience.
“#FijisOpen”. “Today was a welcome like no other. We welcomed visitors on the first flight with @FijiAirways, full of friends, families & loved ones who are the first of many making the most of q’tine free travel, our sunshine, smiles & welcoming Bula Spirit. #OpenForHappiness.” Said a statement by Tourism Fiji in Microblogging Platform.
However, this comes with a list of requirements which include:
- AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccinated foreign tourists will be allowed to enter Fiji.
- A negative RT-PCR test taken within three days of arrival should be carried by tourists aged 12 and above.
- Travelers must book a minimum of 3-night stays at a Care Fiji Commitment-certified property. After 48 hours of arrival, a covid test will be done.
- Tourists need to show proof of insurance which covers covid-19.
- During the first 48 hours, travelers can explore but are asked to use Care Fiji Commitment operators and tourism experiences and check-in using QR codes.