Starting February 10, Dehradun and Chandigarh to get connected via Air Taxi and this service will be available 7 days a week.
This has been launched with the Udan scheme from the central government. Speaking about this, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had said “For the first time in the country, a small aircraft in the form of an air taxi is being used for services.”
Here are some of the salient points of this service.
- The air taxi service will be operated by AirTaxi India which was granted the permit by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) which the DGCA had permitted in December 2020.
- The purpose of the air taxi service is to provide air connectivity between metros and tier-2, tier-3 cities across the country.
- Tecnam P2006T aircraft, a twin-engine four-seat plane, made by Costruzioni Aeronautiche Tecnam will be used for these Air Taxi Services.
- The air taxi can accomodate one pilot and three passengers and a range of 742 nautical miles.
- The flight will take approximately 1 hour to reach Dehradun at Jolly Grant airport and will fly at 6,000 feet above sea level. The Dehradun flight will connect Chandigarh with Haridwar, Rishikesh, and Mussoorie.
- Bookings for the service can be made online. The company has also provided the facility of private booking for which the fare will be different.
- The cost of the service is Rs. 1,755 per seat.