Due to a sudden spike in Coronavirus cases in the state of Maharashtra, the government has announced another lockdown.
This time, a stricter lockdown has been announced and in particular to the city of Mumbai where over 11,000 infections were recorded in a single day.
The state’s Break the Chain rules have been implemented till April 30 and this includes a set of rules and a night curfew. According to the lockdown rules, a weekend curfew to be imposed, and another set of weekday restrictions to be announced soon.
Under new restrictions:
- All theaters, restaurants, multiplexes remain shut.
- Complete lockdown on weekends.
- All public, private transportation won’t be stopped, however, there will not be any standing passengers. Only 2 persons will be allowed in an autorickshaw.
- Section 144 to be imposed on day and night.
- Without any valid reason, one cannot step out of the house from 8 pm to 7 am.
- Beaches, Parks, and other public places to stay shut during night curfew.
- Malls, theatres, multiplexes, swimming pools, gym to remain shut until April 30.
- All religious and worship spots to shut down for visitors, only priests and staff will be allowed.
- Restaurants will be allowed for takeaway and parcels between 7 AM to 8 PM.
The government also announced that residential and societies with 5 or more people who are tested positive to be declared as containment zone.